Stihl Clutch Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chaps,

My local dealer had a spur drive sprocket for years, I came in one day and saw him chuck it in the bin.

I asked why, he said because he didn’t know what saw it fit and it had been there a decade.

it was covered in rust, but new. I asked if I could have it and he agreed.

I took it back, soaked it in evaporated and used scotchbrite to clean it up and exposed a part of a part number.

1125/06

and the internal diameter is 76mm.

Searched around to find its likely an 034/036 spur sprocket clutch drum.

I just had a quick look in the ipl and seems to be

1125 640 2006

However they also mention a clutch drum 1125 640 2000

I can’t seem to figure out the difference between them. Here is the clutch drum and also a snapshot of the two part numbers.

Also, what do the asterix (*) next to the part numbers refer to?

6BE724D9-176B-4AB1-9DC7-69A8D0B7E9C8.jpeg

7921AAE6-1F68-41C6-874D-85B901031054.jpeg

Does it have a oil pump drive notch below that indicator? If so its not all that old. The number on it would make sence as the /06 would be the abbrevation for 2006
Yes mate it has a notch, I have an 034 super, red lever coming, from the IPL they all seem to show notches. Do you know if they ever made an oil pump for the 034 / 034s / 036 that didn’t require the notch to drive the worm gear? I know the 026 did..

All I know is from the ones I owned and those I worked on all had the notch in the drum oil pump drive for the adjustable oil pump. The IPL that I have does not list one but it may not cover the oldest 034/036 saws.

i believe the * is the older part# and the plain is the one that took its place or vice versa. it should say in your IPL. maybe on the first page or at the bottom
and they all have notches and that line for the 034. the line is reference for us to line up the notch to in turn drive the worm gear.
drums without a notch are for crankshaft driven oilers(oil anytime the engine is running) like on the 026/260 non pro version

Surprised to see the clutch drum isn’t square, the notch side and 180 degrees too isnt...
That's pretty uncommon to see. May be why it was sitting aside all these years and will probably require a notch 90 degrees either direction from the current one for the oiler worm gear spring to remain engaged.

Latest posts

Back