660 in da Big Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Mill prices here in Oregon are so low that a guy I work for had me buck up this beastie 4 ft. Doug Fir for firewood. Sad for the wood but a good workout for the 660 with a 32" bar and full chisel square ground.
Thought ya'al might like some pics:

Whow !!

I wanna do that too! Compared to that we only have "toothpick's" around here. :dizzy:

How much cookies can you cut with one fully loaded Fueltank?

Last edited:
oh yeah

It will be a nice workout to split the cookies.

Don't get a splitting-arm, drink enough.

Cheers Vincent

Great Pics, i love cutting up big wood like that the only thing is-is it does not come around that often to cut. I did have a oak a bit bigger than that a couple of years ago it was a blast.

Glad you guys liked the pics. My arms still hurt 2 days later from holding the 660 for 6 1/2 hours straight.
Bout the cookies, I blew through a tank in about 30 min of cutting totaling 3+ gallons of mix for the day. That I guess would cut about 6 big cookies or so per tank.
Tomorrow I'm finishing the cutting and moving on to the splitting. Thank goodness for PTO mounted splitters as swinging the maul on those things would just about kill me off.
I'll try to post some more pics this weekend.
:givebeer:

Man some guys get to have all the fun! I think the biggest stuff I've ever cut up was around 34". That's gonna make plenty of firewood

That's gonna make plenty of firewood

Probably could have been enough wood for half a new house if they were still building houses! Now they just need to wait for the population to grow enough to fill all the houses they built in the last 2 years.
Anyway, it was nice to bury the bar in those big suckers.
:cheers:

More pics. Damn those cookies were heavy. Good thing I get paid by the hour. I suggest you don't try this at home.
The last pic is how much I could split in 3-4 hours.
I'm sore and a little drunk on pbr but hope you enjoy the photos.
:givebeer:

Holy ****!!!!!!!

:jawdrop: WTH kinda tree is that? I'd love a piece of something like that dude... hehehehehe

:cheers: eh?

Back