661 porting question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So with this new port design I'm trying to get some more flow. My question is specifically regarding the transfer ports. On the 660 I always went wider, never messing with height. I'm wondering if transfers can be opened up, height wise, and if that messes with "port timing" in any way raising and lowering the intake/exhaust does. I'm struggling to verbalized my thought but I hope this makes enough sense to get a response. So I'm just wondering generally if I can take the port up and down to increase the charge without worry about port timing in the way that one would worry about it on intake/exhaust.

What's working on the 661? My mod is going to require massive flow increase via the transfers to work and achieve what I'm looking for.

No not yet, I was working on the intake and exhaust, opened up the bottom of the transfer. Lost the pressure switch on my compressor so I'm down for a little bit...I have the case split getting some crank work done. Is there a number I should target?

Back