661c finally complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this saw in rough shape, the more I dig in the worse I got. Started with replacing the carb solenoid, coil and fuel filter. Still no start, pull the carb off and the metering diaphragm and gasket were missing. Next I noticed the mount for the brake spring had snapped off the case. I repaired that and put the spring back on. While I was in there I saw that the clutch was very loose. The caged needle bearing was gone as were all three clutch springs. Got the clutch parts yesterday and buttoned it back up and cleaned it. Runs excellent. Much like a Wheelhorse 3/12 I’m working on now I think this saw was acting up, and it then became a parts saw instead of repairing it. (Wheelhorse had a bad starter. Previous owner couldn’t figure that so he cut out the entire wire harness for all the safety switches then put a new battery and solenoid in and gave up when it still wouldn’t start). Looking forward to running this oneCFFFEC2E-F9A4-4693-915C-72742E26251B.jpegC0B3C398-2457-4C10-96C3-8ED992E277B5.jpeg1494C7FA-B8A9-499C-BD5A-7611F095BCFC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back