Clutch question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiWhiz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I put a new gas line on my John Deere CS36 chainsaw and started it up to make sure everything was okay. While I was revving it up the clutch came off, I shouldn't of took the bar and chain off What is the trick to putting the threes sections and the spring back together. The clutch looks like this one. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402-205019.png
    Screenshot_20240402-205019.png
    816.7 KB · Views: 0
Good to find all three shoes & spring, lol.

Assemble two pieces on the carrier & put on the spring…then the dogfight begins.

Try & pry/work the third shoe under the spring & onto the carrier with two flat screwdrivers. May have to C-clamp the two shoes between two boards, or in your vice to hold them still.

Stuff some rope in the spark plug hole to stop the piston & then torque down the clutch to 20 ft-lb next time!

Good to find all three shoes & spring, lol.

Assemble two pieces on the carrier & put on the spring…then the dogfight begins.

Try & pry/work the third shoe under the spring & onto the carrier with two flat screwdrivers. May have to C-clamp the two shoes between two boards, or in your vice to hold them still.

Stuff some rope in the spark plug hole to stop the piston & then torque down the clutch to 20 ft-lb next time!
Thank you much

Back