Husky 135 stuck brake or bad clutch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goostoff

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got home from work today and my son brings me his saw and says it was acting funny and he notice the bar was really hot. After he shut it off for me to look at it he noticed that he could not move the chain on the bar. When he tried to start the saw he said he could not pull the rope with reasonable force so he just stopped to wait for me. Well I never tried to pull the rope, but the chain was definitely stuck. I pulled the clutch cover and everything was free. I tried to star the saw and it fired right up. Put it back together and I had to force the cover on a little bit and it instantly locked the chain up again just like the brake was on but it wasnt. Took the brake apart and didnt see anything that looked broken. It seems to operate like it should as well. Is there some odd chance the outer part of the clutch has swollen a bit causing this drag? I have never seen this in well over 30 years of cutting wood.

Figured it out with a little more daylight to look at it. He must have tripped the chain brake and pried the cover off. In doing so he pulled the band out of its groove a bit and it was locking the brakes on. I was able to push it back in the groove with my thumb and all is well.

Latest posts

Back