echo 501sx stuck sprocket and no start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7x

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
so what the heck is even going on now....
i had the thing sitting for a while after a major cleanup with no fuel in the tank, the brake thing removed from the saw etc etc, but after putting it all back together, the thing wont even start and the sprocket is not even moving at any direction, while i can pull the starter rope totally normally ? i do see that the brake stuff is working fine also, because when i push it on, it actually clamps the metal "clutch" thing and releases it when i take off the brake, but its still not turning, even when i pull the starter rope ??? (which feels the same exact 'stiff' aka with some force like it was when it was working before)

i prolly did manage to 'start' if for maybe like 150milliseconds, but that was the only time it 'fired up' a bit and even if the starting issue might be some dried out carb membrane stuff, then why is the sprocket not moving and would it start moving after it starts and releases some clutch stuff in there ? i did have to replace the outer clutch 'triangle' also tho, because it had a crack in it....

okay, i got it running again by flooding the carb a bit myself, but the sprocket seems to be constantly spinning(and does actually move when pulling the starter etc), but is there some trick to put it back together properly again then?

ok never mind that either lol... i just took the nut off and put it back on again and now it seems to spin freely again(even the spacer washer in the middle), so i dont even have a clue what could have been the issue with that....

so i put all of this info on this board to help everyone else also, and u are just insulting me for it? so maybe try learning how to read first and then move on to more complex things like understanding how random bugs work etc?

Back