7900 dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the dawgs look oversize, but the westcoast fallers who are using them say they are a must and they work well for falling. For firewood, its not needed. As far as pricing, everything costs more in Canada. The list price on falling spikes in the shops is $22.95 plus tax per spike.

Dave.

I know the dawgs look oversize, but the westcoast fallers who are using them say they are a must and they work well for falling. For firewood, its not needed. As far as pricing, everything costs more in Canada. The list price on falling spikes in the shops is $22.95 plus tax per spike.

Dave.

I think it also depends on what species you're felling too Dave. I've heard that Douglas Fir has really thick bark and the bigger spikes work well. On our hardwoods in Australia the 5 point Pro Safety spikes I had on my 390XP were useless for felling.

I think it also depends on what species you're felling too Dave. I've heard that Douglas Fir has really thick bark and the bigger spikes work well. On our hardwoods in Australia the 5 point Pro Safety spikes I had on my 390XP were useless for felling.

Absolutely right, that fir bark is so thick, you need stabbing spikes, I had to come up with something just to demo the saw to commercial fallers, the stock spikes did not work for falling, but are fine for firewood cutting.

Dave.

Back