7900 with an orange cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norma

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just purchased a PS-7900 it was new, but it has an older style orange cover. What are the diffrences between that and the current black cover , other than the color?

Just purchased a PS-7900 it was new, but it has an older style orange cover. What are the diffrences between that and the current black cover , other than the color?

The very early orange cover saws had some minor differences (carb?), but I seem to recall that the differences were limited to the very earliest saws. Yours is probably not one of those.

The orange covers were/are discontinued because the all orange scheme looked too much like a Husqvarna. Dolmar went back to an orange and black scheme for brand identity. I have an older all orange saw that I want replacement covers for and cannot get new orange plastic. Do you want brand new black covers? I will send them to you in exchange for your orange ones. There were no other changes concurrent with the color change.

The orange covers were/are discontinued because the all orange scheme looked too much like a Husqvarna. Dolmar went back to an orange and black scheme for brand identity. I have an older all orange saw that I want replacement covers for and cannot get new orange plastic. Do you want brand new black covers? I will send them to you in exchange for your orange ones. There were no other changes concurrent with the color change.

Geez, you can't even get the replacement covers in Orange anymore?! That's disappointing, I was planning to do that when I got another 7900. I guess I'll have to hunt harder to find a NIB all-orange 7900.

Well depending on date of manufacture the saws went through these changes.
1)fuel line now black in color instead of the green that did not like real cold temps.
2) carburetor upgrade nickel coated shafts for more wear Resistance
3) right top brace for AV mount as well as the mount change very early
4) new switch extreme latest gen of orange hood saws

After the black hoods a different coil to accept the heated handles production coming

these are the basic changes

Scott

Well, at least I know know who to call when I finally give up on finding a NIB orange hood 7900...

Actually I special ordered them before they changed the part number over.

Sedanman I have a new take off orange hood set in stock I'll swap with you. I had a Customer buy new 6400 that I had with a orange hood but he wanted the black hoods installed.

Almost all of our customers like the black hoods better anyway:D

Steve

Steve, I'll call you at the shop tomorrow. My orange hood model is ported and the color difference makes it real easy to identify on the rack. Thanks.

I like the grey hood
grey64.jpg

Steve, I got the covers today. Thank you.
If the black ones aren't there yet they will be soon, I sent them friday.

The Dolmars still were all orange over here the last time I looked - unlike the Huskys, the Dolmars look kind of sad in all orange, imo..........:pumpkin2:

While we have all the Dolmar guys attention...

Is it red or is it orange?

I called it red, and everyone said it was orange. Husky is orange. The dolmar is not orange in my eyes.

So I called it orange, and everyone said it is red.....????
It isn't as red as a Jonersed, Redmax, or Olympyk...

Guess they call it Warm Red for a reason???

Now, why does everyone call it Orange?

:popcorn:

:laugh:

SawTroll, The Dolmars saws are only black/orange in the states though other markets are asking for that color combination now too.

Freakingstang, Dolmar officially calls the color "warm red". I think it is more orange than red myself so I call it orange. Homelite, Redmax, Jonsered are definately red.

Judging from pictures, I believe that US Dolmars have a more red-ish and better looking orange than the other Dolmars.......:blob2: :blob2:

...but it may just be an optical illution in my partly color-blind eyes.....:confused: :laugh: :biggrinbounce2:

Back