8" oval to 8" round adaptor pipe.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My old VC Vigilant has on oval connection at the stove which adapts up to round at the stove pipe. Im replacing my pipe before I start to burn and the only adaptor that I can find anywhere has the round end crimped and I need for the round end to be female (uncrimped). I was wondering if I could just use regular pipe and squeeze it oval at the stove or does it have to be a formed connection. Thanks in advance, Terry.

You sure can use a round pipe and just squish it to a oval. The makers of Hotblast wood burners still sell a coal burner with a oval port out the back and this is how they recommend doing it.

Beefie

I have a pot belly with 6"oval. I scratched my head for a while to figure out what to do. Called HVAC guy I deal with to get answer.;)

For future use/info. Almost any place selling a good assortment of stove pipe (FSC, Grange,etc.) will have the equipment to make up almost any adaptor in round pipe you need. Crimped either end, nocrimp, both crimp, etc. I had to get one made to get my pipe turned rightside up. As the stove came the crimped end wound up pointing up - you do not want that.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back