$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewoolsey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
mosts people i do tree work for say i am to cheap, most pay me extra, then i do 2 jobs last week $ 2,500 each, that i feel like i am taking them , one is a big company ,the other is a well off farmer, i have had trouble with a larger tree service co, under cuttting me just so i dont get the work , they have a crew of 8 , they can't be paying them much, there is just 2 of us, it would be nice to have more weeks like last week, but most of the time i am under biding jobs , is this the norm for most ? thanks

I bid at what i feel is fair and well net me some decent cash but if people keep telling you that you're cheap then maybe you need to take note and raise it up a notch.

Charge what the market will bear.

If you are making good money, and you still have more work than you can do: raise prices until you are making great money and not working quite so much.

If you are not making money, and you are working too much, you need to raise prices NOW.

If you are just getting by, and you don't have too much work: you either need to sell more service, do better (more profitable) work, or you need to figure out how to sell service at a higher price.

Charge what the market will bear.

If you are making good money, and you still have more work than you can do: raise prices until you are making great money and not working quite so much.

If you are not making money, and you are working too much, you need to raise prices NOW.

If you are just getting by, and you don't have too much work: you either need to sell more service, do better (more profitable) work, or you need to figure out how to sell service at a higher price.

You will never hear a more concise explanation of exactly what to charge and when to change.

Repped.

Back