A 2 crew question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a job next week for the county extending across 8-10 properties. We're doing light trimming to clear trees from the roofs. These properties span across a 20 or so miles stretch but are all along a state road. It can definitely be done in one day with 2 crews. Each crew has 3 workers, a bucket, and dump with chipper. The properties are section 8 apartments.

My question is- do you attack each property with both crews together (might only need one chipper dump that way)- OR do you start the crews at each end separately and meet each other in the middle?

I feel like the morale of attacking it together might be fun- but I also want to be as efficient as possible.

The properties come in clusters so there are 2-3 that go together within 1000 yards or so. Some of the stops might only take a half hour with one crew. As a third option, I can also see 2 crews hitting each "cluster" nearby each other but attacking the larger ones together.

Still new to the whole 2 crews thing so I'm especially interested in hearing from those of you with more commercial experience.

Back