A beautiful day for splitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmonster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My pile of logs to be split was getting out of control so I held my nose and rented a 26 ton log splitter. I really enjoy splitting by hand, but I was feeling overwhelmed. Got it all done in a day and now I think I'm set for the next three years. This is Norway Maple and Black Locust. Pix show before and after. Tomorrow I going to see if I can rent a machine that will stack it all!View attachment 226405View attachment 226406

My pile of logs to be split was getting out of control so I held my nose and rented a 26 ton log splitter. I really enjoy splitting by hand, but I was feeling overwhelmed. Got it all done in a day and now I think I'm set for the next three years. This is Norway Maple and Black Locust. Pix show before and after. Tomorrow I going to see if I can rent a machine that will stack it all!View attachment 226405View attachment 226406

Nice rick.

They do make machines that you can pay to have stack your wood. They wear leather gloves, cost about $7.50/ hr.

Nice rick.

They do make machines that you can pay to have stack your wood. They wear leather gloves, cost about $7.50/ hr.

Mine runs on Sugar (preferably Skittles or Gummy Worms); easily distracted; and one in 11 years and the other in 13 more years I have to send to college..Looks like the $7.50 an hour way out would have been much easier !!

Knocking out a whole year in one day is *nice*. real nice.

I apparently got one year just from the branches from the oak in the front yard. Cracked five cords pulled from that pile today, which being pure red oak is way more than a year actually. Still have all the smaller branches to start on now, but around the main tree it is more or less cleaned up, needs some raking and a few kindling branches removed, that's it. With what I have already from before then, I am roughly where you are at now, but most of mine needs splitting still.

And when that is done...I'm shooting for five years ahead......

Latest posts

Back