• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy A Bigger Saw Western Washington

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snorider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking to find a saw bigger than my 500xp. Hoping though to buy locally. Please let me know if you are selling in Western Washington. Thanks

I don't know I guess. I will look them up. Guessing they are dealers?

Madsens in Centralia/Chehalis is the Ultimate Chainsaw Toy Store:):):):):):):)
They are HUGE, just about anything that you can think of, Except Husqvarna's absolute Bad Boy the 3120XP, was about the only thing that wasn't on the shelf.

If you do want the Ultimate Husqvarna, Dave "The Chainsaw Guy" up in Black Creek BC, is an AS Member, and last I saw, he was still selling the 3120XP for $1399.00(USD) SHIPPED,
I can personally vouch for Dave, I bought my 3120XP from him, and I would buy from him again without ant Hesitation. I believe several other AS members have bought from him as well.

Doug :cheers:

Have for sale stihl 075 111cc 36" bar 404 chain ready to go

Have 056 magnum 93cc 36" bar and 24" bar both 3/8 chain ready to go

Located in Tacoma Wa, shoot me a pm if your interested.

Wow lots of good responses! I will take a look at the 288 I don't even know what size it is lol. I am looking for a 70cc plus or take 10

I have to cut up a huge pile of logs the earthers worker made when he cleared my land so I could build...I bought a 550xp to maintain the land having never run a saw before and quickly realized 50cc is kind of small. So I'm thinking I can either pay a guy or buy a saw....the wood I am after is like 24"d

Funny thing is that I had two other piles bigger than this one of all 24"+ stuff that I already bucked with the 550 lol!

I have to cut up a huge pile of logs the earthers worker made when he cleared my land so I could build...I bought a 550xp to maintain the land having never run a saw before and quickly realized 50cc is kind of small. So I'm thinking I can either pay a guy or buy a saw....the wood I am after is like 24"d

What length of bar are you running now? 24” firewood I don’t see a bigger saw needed, just need to learn a bucking technique. No oversized wood with a short bar I’ll look for the pressure if there is none I’ll start from the top of the log and walk the tip to the far side saw in till I can reach through from the near side, then release the bottom so I don’t slab or the top and finish the cut to release without pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 288 and a 550XP would be a fine two-saw plan and would likely last you ten years or more with careful maintenance.

As Skeans mentions, that whole pile could be take care of with your 550XP if you want to invest in one longer bar and chain, such as an 18" (if that's not what the saw came equipped with).

I wouldn't think twice about zipping up that whole pile with a 550XP.

I'm running a 20" bar right now. Think it's a 20" feel like it might be a size bigger than 20.

But some are much larger than 24. I feel like a bigger saw is needed for a lot of the old cedar

Latest posts

Back