A couple of cool British Columbia falling videos.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first video, I didn't see him bore through the under cut to get all his center wood. If he did that, the tree might have gone over. Then he did what you call a Russian drive. Sometimes it's done out being lazy an not wanting to pound a wedge, but I think in this case, he had to much holding wood, and couldn't reach it, so he Russian drove the big tree with a smaller one to get the big one down.

I noticed that as well...you would think he would know enough to take the heart out but..it looked like lazyness or carelessness to me. They both did a good job but..WOW that fiber pull in the second vid!..lol

My dad used to work for Weyerhaeuser and he cut big old growth trees here on the Oregon coast and he had to use gas powered hydraulic rams to help the tree go over , we have a few of them in my shop , we have a video of his partner cutting a big ass tree and hit a sap pocket or something there must have been 50 or 60 gallons of gushing out of it .

Latest posts

Back