A darn good woman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I woke to an ugly sight; one of my stacks had partially collapsed putting a mess of tangled splits piled up between it and another stack. I know most of y'all are gonna' agree that stacking sucks, and that re-stacking flat sucks sour owl crap. So I'm half-pizzy all day at work thinkin' about going home to that mess... and making matters worse the doctors put me on the wagon for a couple weeks, meaning no damn beer to lessen the agony of the job.

So I pull in the drive last night... my wife is standing there, in her grubbies, at the shop door pulling off her gloves.
I jump out and ask her, "Hey babe, what'cha been doing?"
She glances out towards the stacks, my eyes follow hers, and the stack is back‼
Damn... I've got a good woman‼ Even if she's keeping me from cheatin' on the doctors orders.

If I was single, I would ask Spidey if she has any sisters :)

Good for you Spidey...

Keep her happy!

Yup, I re-stacked one of my two toppled stacks yesterday. The second one is really gonna suck, cause it was my kindlin stack!
I can't fault my wife for not helping with the re-stack, she works later than I do, so I'll let'er slide this time (...and probably the next too :rolleyes:)

My wife stacks wood, carries it in the house, and feeds the stove. It only gets better. She cleans the house and washes my clothes. She mows the grass and gets the oil changed in the cars. She plows and tills the garden, plants the veggies, weeds the veggies, harvest the veggies, cooks and cans the veggies. Makes homemade bread, and the best damn Nanner pudding and tater salad you will ever eat. She picks berries and makes pies and wine. She even lets me watch my favorite TV shows. And after all that, she even likes to snuggle with me late at night when the lights go out. Yea, I think I will keep her.

My wife stacks wood, carries it in the house, and feeds the stove. It only gets better. She cleans the house and washes my clothes. She mows the grass and gets the oil changed in the cars. She plows and tills the garden, plants the veggies, weeds the veggies, harvest the veggies, cooks and cans the veggies. Makes homemade bread, and the best damn Nanner pudding and tater salad you will ever eat. She picks berries and makes pies and wine. She even lets me watch my favorite TV shows. And after all that, she even likes to snuggle with me late at night when the lights go out. Yea, I think I will keep her.

Hey Mudstopper.... your wife, she have any sisters?

;)

Ahem...wait for it....YOU SUCK! :D

You mean, ALL women aren't like that????

SR

Yesterday morning I woke to an ugly sight; one of my stacks had partially collapsed putting a mess of tangled splits piled up between it and another stack. I know most of y'all are gonna' agree that stacking sucks, and that re-stacking flat sucks sour owl crap. So I'm half-pizzy all day at work thinkin' about going home to that mess... and making matters worse the doctors put me on the wagon for a couple weeks, meaning no damn beer to lessen the agony of the job.

So I pull in the drive last night... my wife is standing there, in her grubbies, at the shop door pulling off her gloves.
I jump out and ask her, "Hey babe, what'cha been doing?"
She glances out towards the stacks, my eyes follow hers, and the stack is back‼
Damn... I've got a good woman‼ Even if she's keeping me from cheatin' on the doctors orders.

Watch how she stacked that wood. If her stacks don't fall over like yours seem to do maybe you can learn something.

Are you talking about my wife?

I learned my lesson on the marriage thing but my girlfriend has an annoying habit of coming out while im stacking and yappering to me about trivial stuff. I wouldnt mind if she grabbed some logs and pitched in but she just stand there watching and talking, talking and watching. God that girl loves to talk. Course i suppose its for the best, she stacked some wood once that was crooked when she got done, leaned progressively worse week after week and finally came crashing down in the middle of the night. So maybe its best she just watches. If i could just do something about the talking.

My wife splits and stacks wood also. About the only thing she won't do is back up the trailer or run a chainsaw. She drags brush for me and makes sure I eat something after too much time in the trees. She even gets mad if I just drop all of the branches on the ground and then start working on the trunk. She wants me to cut them into manageable lengths so that she can be busy working while I'm bucking. Then, unless the bucks are too big, she insists on loading them when I'm done so that I can take a break!

I love my wife and no, I won't share.

Latest posts

Back