I took a good look at the fallen stack...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...and it's a friggin' mess‼ Nearly all of it is leanin' hard‼
I don't get it... it's the newest and shortest of any of 'em, and it's the one that fell??
I only see one fix... at least only one that will last the summer... knock the whole damn thing down a re-stack.
Heck, I might just as well move the damn thing... it really sucks cold, sour, owl crap‼

dscf0009-jpg.416282

I've got one three year old stack that is leaning now, sucks. Next week I think I'll be able to wield the sledge a little and start tapping it back in..maybe.

Now that stack isn't pallets on RxR ties, it's on bricks with pallets over it. I *think* the bricks don't offer enough spread out ground support and sunk in just enough.

I don't get it... it's the newest and shortest of any of 'em, and it's the one that fell??
I only see one fix... at least only one that will last the summer... knock the whole damn thing down a re-stack.
Heck, I might just as well move the damn thing... it really sucks cold, sour, owl crap‼

dscf0009-jpg.416282
Heck, I might just as well move the damn thing.
It looks like it may be too close to the road! Others may want some easy pickens.

dscf0009-jpg.416282

DISCLAIMER: I'm all jacked up on Margaritas right now.

I've studied the pic, did my homework, and have come to the conclusion: 100%, no doubt in my mind, that is sabotage. Pretty sure Ironworker had something to do with it. Speaking of Ironworker, I found a vid that reminded me of him when he was a boy:

Ok, I was totally serious about the Margaritas but joking about the Ironworker part...just wanted to take your mind off that mess of a wood pile by watching that vid:).

I've got one three year old stack that is leaning now, sucks. Next week I think I'll be able to wield the sledge a little and start tapping it back in..maybe.

Now that stack isn't pallets on RxR ties, it's on bricks with pallets over it. I *think* the bricks don't offer enough spread out ground support and sunk in just enough.

Nope. A rick of wood "works" as it cures. A single rick with no support will not stand without constant trimming for long.

Harry K

A single rick with no support will not stand without constant trimming for long.
Harry,
I've got a stack longer (the center one) and taller than that, it's been standin' for over 4 years now... no lean to it at all.

dscf0011-jpg.416283

It's standing among these stacks (circa 2012)...

2012_1117(001).JPG

Heck man, the stack that fell over is in that picture from 2012‼

Latest posts

Back