A different sort of chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that attachment was intended for brush cutting,close to the ground,bet it worked great for harvesting Christmas trees.
if someone is determined to attack a small tree I guess more power to them,better read up on the kickback warning,can't imagine getting that old girl pinched,no slip clutch either I'll bet.

Those things do have a slipper clutch that actually works pretty well. It doubles as the PTO on/off switch and is located between the attachment and powerhead. I have one of the right angle drives for the circular saws but I've never found a 24" blade so I've promised it to someone else. I have an old LI model with a brush hog and I've never understood why other owners are so passionate about these machines. They are very durable but who cares if it's not that useful of a machine in the first place. The only two attachments that really work well are the brush mower and the snow blower, which will blow snow about 100'.
John...

Back