A Little Beech & Hickory

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laird

Nemo me impune lacessit
Reaction score
Storm came through the same night that all of SS's Oaks came down. Dropped these two trees across the timber road. After I cleared the road I made it another 1/4 mile before I came to another Beech blocking the road. I'm guessing that I have at least a dozen good sized trees to cut up from that storm including one huge Ash that was probably 4' DBH.

I would have used the Kubota and Farmi to pull them out with but the tractors are tied up with other implements on them and At this point I'm working on them now just for the exercise. I'll keep at them for another couple weeks with the Gator and then go full tilt in Oct/Nov.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Time to get a hydraulic splitter....that monster maul is working on my shoulder this year.

attachment.php

Just shy of a full cord for the weekend.

Good pics, Them blowed over trees are easy cutting for sure. like you're Gator too. That probably makes getting back in places nice. From the looks of the huge woodpile, you need a hydraulic splitter. Looks like you have about filled up the new cover you built. Good job. Thanks for the pics.

BTW: Just noticed the fingerless gloves. Did ya get em from the michael jackson estate sale.lol..........Sorry had to do it.

Just noticed the chainsaw scabbard you made for the gator. Pretty neat. Don't have to worry about it rolling around in the back. Also looks like you have the correct color of saw too.lol Go look at the speeco model of splitter, For the money it's hard to beat.

Just noticed the chainsaw scabbard you made for the gator. Pretty neat. Don't have to worry about it rolling around in the back. Also looks like you have the correct color of saw too.lol Go look at the speeco model of splitter, For the money it's hard to beat.

I'm undecided yet between the 22 & 28 ton Huskee. My wood supply is plentiful enough that I don't mess w/crotches so the 22 should be enough but right now the 28 ton in the one with the Honda engine which I would like. Have to see how the money situation is in October. I'm wanting a new flat panel TV too.......

Back