A little brother for the 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bore_pig

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been looking for a lttle brother for the 361. Played with a 260 Pro today. Seems like a good saw. Anyone have good/bad experiences with this saw?

:agree2:
I just got an 026 and love it. How can one hate it?? for the weight it's awesome. mine has a 20'' bar on it now witch is a bit much I think, but a 18'' is on it's way! :greenchainsaw:

Haven't used one yet that seemed worth the money.

Dolmar 5100 would be an upgrade for much less money, and easier on the joints.

I bought a 260 PRO last summer. outfitted it with a 3/8" chain and an 18" bar. At first I thought it was a dog but after running 8-10 tanks of gas thru it ,it is like a hole new saw. Much more throttle response. Pulls the chain good now. If I were to do it over again I would fit it with a 16" bar and keep the 3/8" chain. Reason being I have a 20" and a 28" bar for the 044 and the 18" is just too close together.
All in all I really like the saw now.

Beefie

I would fit it with a 16" bar and keep the 3/8" chain. Reason being I have a 20" and a 28" bar for the 044 and the 18" is just too close together.

That's what I was thinking. Keep it with a 16" bar. Something to replace the Poulan 2555.

I think you "wood" be happy with the 16" . the only reason I run the 3/8" chain instead of the .325 is because all my other chains are 3/8" and I dont have to have different size files.

Beefie

I love my 260. I run it with a 16-inch bar and .325. It may not seem like much weight differential from the 361, but I have found that after using it for a few hours, there is a definite difference. My 361 and Husky 259 are for the bigger stuff now. The 260 seems like it runs better every time that I use it and not to mention the chains are quicker to sharpen and cheaper to buy than the 20-inchers. It is my go-to saw for the smaller stuff.:clap:

I just bought a new 260 about 5 weeks ago. Yesterday was the first time I have been able to use it because I had broken middle finger on my left hand and couldn't hold a saw right.

I bought it to have a lighter saw for cutting firewood and limbing. I am running a 16" bar and .325 chain.

So far I really like it and this saw seems to have a good track record for reliability from what I have heard. I paid $460 which I thought was a decent price, the closest Dolmar dealer to me wanted $430 for a 5100S.

I am going for a twin brother

LITTLE BROTHER ! ! ! I am going for a twin brother, another 361 or an older brother the 362.

i bought the 260 pro to go with my 361 and love it. its not meant to be a beast of a saw, but if you use it like it was intended, its great. light and cuts very well.

Little brother? I thought the 361 was the little brother. If I need something smaller I'll usually grab the 200T or the 192T.

Almost all of the wood I cut at home is small enough that I wouldn't really need larger than my 361. I currently use my little Poulan 2555 for the smallest stuff and taking off limbs after the tree is down. Just been thinking of an upgrade in the little saw department.

There are Huskys and Jreds that I've played with and liked. But, there is a servicing Stihl dealer 6 miles from the house and also one right next door to where I work. Figured I would stick with them.

There are Huskys and Jreds that I've played with and liked. But, there is a servicing Stihl dealer 6 miles from the house and also one right next door to where I work. Figured I would stick with them.

That would be a shame. The 346XP is a screamer. Pure joy to use.

I have 2 lightly woods ported 026's running 16" bars and .325 chain. I like these saws so much that I sold my 361 w 20" bar and 3/8 chain. I found that I was always reaching for a 026 or one of the bigger saws. I just did not use the 361 enough to justify keeping it. The 361 is a great in between saw but a modded 026 can easily fill that gap.

I think that I could only have one saw and cut rounds that were mostly in the 16-18" range I would stick with the 361.

Back