A little to warm today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt7546

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have friends that laugh at me for heating with wood. Of course they are paying about $300 a month to heat their homes into the mid to high 60's. Today it wasn't cold out and I messed up an tossed some locust instead of silver maple in.

View attachment 273283

Ended up a little to warm for mid January. I did feel a little guilty opening my windows to cool the house down. You usually only see that move in the projects.

• Sent from my screen to yours.

Last edited:
Had my BIL ask me the other day how much heating oil I use each yr. He about fell off the chair when
i said I had the same 1/4 tank for the past 4 yrs. I about fell off the chair when he told me he spends
about $275 a month..:msp_scared:

Had the windows open here today...high of 28. I wasn't lettin the fire die and was just nursin it along. Oh well, better than bein cold

Had the windows open here today...high of 28. I wasn't lettin the fire die and was just nursin it along. Oh well, better than bein cold

That's always been my view point. My fire burns non-stop from winter to spring. It's easier for me to just keep things going at a steady pace than to heat and cool the system over and over.

I let mine go down enough to shovel most of the ash out, its only been 2-3 logs at a timefor the last two days. The temps are diving though, so stoke it up!:rock: we have not run our furnace in three years, so the propane lasts a long time.......

Let mine burn out yesterday. It's been 45-60 degrees here for the past few days. If I start the fire up the wife says to keep it burning low otherwise on warmer days like this it makes her sweat her TaTa's off. LOL . Cant wait for the kids to move out and then she can with less on:D

Still to cheap to open the windows. Mancave in the basement I go.

. If I start the fire up the wife says to keep it burning low otherwise on warmer days like this it makes her sweat her TaTa's off. LOL . Cant wait for the kids to move out and then she can with less on:D

Waiting for this too!!!!!!! Hopefully can still fully function!!!!!!!!!!

Mid 60's here in side. 40's here outside! Very warm!

You must be having a heat wave up there. We were well below 20 last night and won't break 32 today. The only windows we have open are in the upstairs bedroom.

Latest posts

Back