A Nice Find: MS200 rear handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Fall I happened onto this on CL. I packed up my Snellerized MS201C-E & headed to Grand Rapids, Mich. where it was located. The owner said it only had about 6 tanks through it. There was a little scuffing on the clutch cover & a lot of carbon-oil on the muff, but looked as advertised. It popped on the first pull!? & started on the second. It ran, however, like a constipated cow. The throttle response was not encouraging, & it did not cut nearly as well as expected, & it was wearing a PS3 chain which looked to be new. After a good warm up, I tached it at 13,900, which sounded & seemed fairly normal. I decided to have a look at the screen. It was seriously carboned up, so I left it out, effectively doing a MM. WOW! Did it ever spring to life! Throttle response was like lightning, & it cut like a maniac! After 3 or 4 cuts with the 14in. bar buried, it tached at 15,200 & sounded good. I compared it to my 201 which was wearing a PM chain. The 200 seemed a bit faster, but the chain was the difference. In later tests, the 201 was as strong or stronger when using the same chain. The cuts were not timed, so these are just my observations.
I paid what I thought was a fairly low price for this saw, but I don't think it would qualify for a "You Suck" award. Any way, I'm more than slightly happy with it & consider it a nice find.:happy: P1000264.JPGP1000263.JPG P1000263.JPG P1000263.JPG P1000262.JPG

Nice little saw, Stayner!

Thanks, Brad. Maybe I'll bring it with me next year. The 201 is getting the latest coil which is limited at 14,000. It will be interesting to see what is turning before making any adjustments, since it is now set a little above the limiter of the original coil which interrupts the RPMs at 13,200-13,300!

Nice score. These are impressive little saws especially with a loop of PS chain.

Back