A question for Stihl guys and also anti-Asian folk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tant no biggie Belgian, China is no worry what so ever and I'll tell ya why. Stihl has never forced any dealer to carry any product the dealer doesn't want to carry. Its the dealer's choice as to what he will carry and what he will not. I feel certain there will always be plenty of product built at Va Beach and Germany to keep a display well stocked without having one single model made in China. See Belgian there is more than one way to skin a cat....

Hey Master, I am not so worried about some models comin our way, more about more and more chinese parts being put into european or amercian models. I have been following a discussion on a french forum and noticed many arborists and dealers getting worried about that China zama (based on quite a few carb problems on their 200T...) I hope Stihl realises that making more profit is one thing, customer satisfaction is the main thing in the long run, but I don't have to convince you of course :cheers:

Hey Master, I am not so worried about some models comin our way, more about more and more chinese parts being put into european or amercian models. I have been following a discussion on a french forum and noticed many arborists and dealers getting worried about that China zama (based on quite a few carb problems on their 200T...) I hope Stihl realises that making more profit is one thing, customer satisfaction is the main thing in the long run, but I don't have to convince you of course :cheers:

Yup yup, I know and understand exactly what your talking about. Thing is we were told that the Zama carb quailty would become Stihl quailty once Stihl took them over. Remains to be seen as of yet. I think with the way Stihl does business its not likely their gonna push their dealer network too much to sell what they, the dealers, don't wanna sell, we'll see in due time and process....

Actualy.,.,., Stihl buying Zama should staighten out their problems.. which have nothing to do with China....

STIHL has always been a very smart company with their decisions. From the way it sounds they have just one or two products coming from china at this time. I don't know they were looking for cheap labor or to cut the cost of producing products. They build so many products at VA Beach its crazy, Also the huge bar plant they just built here opened up shows they are committed to quality and one reason they built it in America because we are the biggest market for bars. It may be the same thing in China there is a demand for certain products there and it may have made sense to build a plant there for that purpose as well. Just my opinion. Still going to build the best products. :cheers:
FYI look at the first number of your serial number on your product everything 2 is US 1 is German made.

So

So.. as you believe those words so precisely..., find me one.......

Search the SE Asia websites - you might be able to find some trimmers there..

We are to take your word for it over Stihl's words printed on their own China website.

I'll buy that.......:dizzy:

I have considered that maybe it's a sham website...can't put anything past those nasty Chinese

So.... maybe it's good politics to stay what they say on that site?

I'm not disputiing that you might find a trimmer or two in SE asia... so do some leg work and enlighten us all.

So Stihl LIES?????????

I apologize....too strong a word.

So you are suggesting that Stihl would say anything just so they could open a factory in China

Last edited:
I'll counter that by saying "So there's a stirring curmudgeon hiding behind computer screen, one foot in Vermont, one in Canada?" ;)

I'm not sure what point your trying to make... I am sure they aren't going to lay out their business plan and timing of any actions for all to see... they are a "private" company. And it is just a "public web site".

I'm sure they intend to do what they say.. eventuallyy... but is it this year, 10 years, 100 years... ? you guess..

Last edited:
Simply this

There is no difference between Stihl opening a factory in China or an independent sourcing from China.

If the product is good it is good and none of the chainsaw manufacturers are any different than any other business, /

They are driven by bottom line and inevitably that means cutting out the people who gave these companies the reputation that they have today.

China does not allow foreign companies to move in and sell to the Chinese market as they protect their markets.

They do allow companies to build and manufacture there for export only because it puts China workers to work and they do dictate where and where not these products go....again in China's best interest for their own people

There is no difference between Stihl opening a factory in China or an independent sourcing from China.

Completely wrong... it's all about WHO enforces QA/QC... and there's nothing like ownership to enable enforcement...

I'll buy SKF bearings all day long... Turkey, Taiwan, China, Argentina... but won't buy a no name "Made in China bearing no matter how cheap, and they are cheap...

Last edited:
I hope anybody who operates them that is not commie gets buckie teeth and slanty eyes. It would serve them right.

:sucks:

as long as the good pro stuff comes from sweden / germany... who cares where the cr@ppy consumer junk is made. i wont be using it anyway!!!

Husky has stuff coming from france italy usa japan blah blah... and last time i checked stihl were even bringing stuff from brazil. who cares. its not the gear im using, so joe bloggs can go and save a buck by shopping at home depot and wont notice any difference

meh

Steve

As long as they don't make 'em in a communist country like Cuba.

Y'all better be nice to the Chinese, they own most of this country's debt. How long have they had "most favored nation" trading status?

Ya see what happens when you start sending orchestras and ping-pong teams to a country. Opens up a whole can of worms.

China is a communist country.:dizzy:

Back