a quick porting question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedEyedArky

Reaction score
Hello, yall. Anyone have any numbers on a hard running port job? Either in degrees open or actual measurements. The saw in question is a 2375 WildThing. WooHoo... Thanks to all for any knowledge.
-I should introduce myself a little more. I am a mechanic by trade 20yrs. I very much enjoy all information you guys have posted on saws. Few months back I came to the site seeking knowlege. Now I'm hooked!
I have ported many 2 strokes and made some real screamers! Those were cycles and atvs though. I prefer using a degree wheel instead of ''just takin a lil off the top''. Makes me feel safer knowing I am within the parementers of the motors limits. Anyone remember how much they took out of there wild thing and the results? Thanks agains! o by the way, I may be running a small expansion chamber if the numbers in formula show it to be worthwhile compared to gain. If i can make it perform correctly in such tight quarters...

Last edited:
I'd venture to say putting an expansion chamber on the saw and leaving the ports stock will give you better performance than porting and no pipe.

They key to remember with porting and tuned pipe design is that both of them are done to get best performance at a certain opperating rpm range. First you need to figure out what rpm range you want run the saw and wat what rpm to make peek power, then you figure out what durations work best on the ports, and then you design the pipe to work best at that rpm range and peek.

So while people may have pet durations for a given saw, in reality what they have done, knowingly or not, is chosen an rpm range they want to make power at and altered the durations accordingly.

Latest posts

Back