A Safer More Efficient Tree Industry Future?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it acceptable for this industry to establish a two man minimum rule to help protect the well being of climbers on the job, but not do the same for WTC operators on the job?

How is that not discrimination that puts a higher value on climbers lives?

jomoco

Why is it acceptable for this industry to establish a two man minimum rule to help protect the well being of climbers on the job, but not do the same for WTC operators on the job?

How is that not discrimination that puts a higher value on climbers lives?

jomoco
Its not a rule it's a recommendation

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I came upon this well know thread, This debate could go on forever. I have never commented on it because I think Jons' passion is his reality, as it should be.
Anyway, I have an answer that may work.
Instead of having panic bars, do the opposite.
Make it where the one man must move a lever to be able to pull in the material.
Jeff

I came upon this well know thread, This debate could go on forever. I have never commented on it because I think Jons' passion is his reality, as it should be.
Jeff
You can tell you're from California

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jeff
I had to read that 3xs to make sure I wasn't an idiot !

I had to read that 3xs to make sure I wasn't an idiot !

Let me spell it out for ya,,
the hydraulic roller feed wheels do not move unless you make them,,
opposite of the case where they pull until a safety bar is hit.
If one man can put the butt of a big butt in there while the roller feeds are rolling,
why not raise the rollers to the top and lock them in and then control of the feed?
Jeff

Let me spell it out for ya,,
the hydraulic roller feed wheels do not move unless you make them,,
opposite of the case where they pull until a safety bar is hit.
If one man can put the butt of a big butt in there while the roller feeds are rolling,
why not raise the rollers to the top and lock them in and then control of the feed?
Jeff
Thank you .... I am an idiot

I've only run three or four sizes and types of chippers but by far the most dangerous was a top loading chipper shredder that had about 8 HP......and trees come in many sizes so whole trees did fit through this o_O

If OSHA had teeth - Employers, manufacturers etc. would make work/equipment safer. The lack of enforcement of existing regulations + the ridiculously low fines associated with non compliance + shields for personal liability (what does LLC stand for Hmmmm?) all add up to a work environment that isn't that far ahead of where it was when the empire state building or Brooklyn bridge were built......Constructuon costs include calculated loss of life. If you make the CEO/owner of "we cut tree, Inc." or Personally liable....he/she may take a different view of prevention/safety.....Does the manufacturer of these big machines skate because they have operating instructions that just aren't followed?

If OSHA had teeth - Employers, manufacturers etc. would make work/equipment safer. The lack of enforcement of existing regulations + the ridiculously low fines associated with non compliance + shields for personal liability (what does LLC stand for Hmmmm?) all add up to a work environment that isn't that far ahead of where it was when the empire state building or Brooklyn bridge were built......Constructuon costs include calculated loss of life. If you make the CEO/owner of "we cut tree, Inc." or Personally liable....he/she may take a different view of prevention/safety.....Does the manufacturer of these big machines skate because they have operating instructions that just aren't followed?
remove all the warning labels on everything, the problems will take care of themselves after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back