A Safer More Efficient Tree Industry Future?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That incident didn't mention size of machine, it also shows me that it's an OSHA "recommended practice" (not required, however), to:

"Designate one or more employees as a safety watch to be stationed near emergency shut-off devices while other employees feed material into the chipper."

So now, I question the need for this thread at all, since what you're asking for is already an OSHA recommendation, and it really doesn't matter one bit what TCIA says about it.

Edited for punctuation.

Feeding a WTC with one man just leave the door open for more things to go wrong. Bigger machine with more power and one person struggling to feed it with a huge piece, it easier to be caught off balance or feed it from the wrong position. I seen close calls happen with just a 12" machine.

Why's that? Is it breaking a forum rule or just annoying you? It's a conversation amoungst professionals, this is the commercial tree care isn't it?

The rules seem to be generic with the new software - I'll have Darin look into that. However, he has posted stuff that's defamatory without evidence to back it up. That's enough for me, heck, if I wanted to go with spam-like, I could just delete most of the threads on most of the forums here.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

If you're gonna use a big chipper don't be feeding it by hand! (I think that was my doomed rationale on your buzz thread, Jomoco). My wee 6" Bandit can tire me out (me being a dissipated wreck and all). I just can't imagine the strength innate to some of you brutes (not naming names, Jared) if you can drag and lift monster limbs (whole trees!) onto the infeed table....by hand. Don't be feeding carnivores at the zoo by hand either.

If you're gonna use a big chipper don't be feeding it by hand! (I think that was my doomed rationale on your buzz thread, Jomoco). My wee 6" Bandit can tire me out (me being a dissipated wreck and all). I just can't imagine the strength innate to some of you brutes (not naming names, Jared) if you can drag and lift monster limbs (whole trees!) onto the infeed table....by hand. Don't be feeding carnivores at the zoo by hand either.
I have ran 20 " hand fed machines . And even if you winch it up you still need to work the tree and the machine at times to be efficient . Bottom line don't go in or your not coming out with all your parts ! Simple if we keep watering down experience we will just be a group of apes . I don't need someone telling me common sense . And if I gotta explain to someone common sense well then they lack it ..... Hence whatever they do is dangerous

I have ran 20 " hand fed machines . And even if you winch it up you still need to work the tree and the machine at times to be efficient . Bottom line don't go in or your not coming out with all your parts ! Simple if we keep watering down experience we will just be a group of apes . I don't need someone telling me common sense . And if I gotta explain to someone common sense well then they lack it ..... Hence whatever they do is dangerous
Inexperience is a big factor probably the biggest when it comes too injury

When do we get to the "dragon-tail" effect bit? That's always been a favorite of mine. The solution is far simpler than most of you realize. Follow the manufacturers guidelines printed in BOLD ****ING LETTERS ON THE SIDE OF THE MACHINE and you won't get sucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back