A Very Interesting 090G!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just added another 090G to my collection, and I must say that this is the most interesting one I've ever had. I don't have anything against minty saws, but my favorites are the ones that have a story to tell; rough, repaired, used, and full of character. This one has all of that and is an early one with the 66mm upgrade.

The first really great part about this saw is the early tube style cast muffler. I've been after one of those for awhile now. I understand these mufflers were made for both the Contra G and 090G, but I believe the muffler on this saw was originally for a Contra G, and the top bosses for the roll pin were cut off.

The second interesting part is the H&S bucking spike. I love these spikes, and this one is a slightly different style than the one I have for a standard 090, so this is a great addition to the collection.

Third, it has been fitted with a very nice Contra S fan cover which I'm very happy to have!

Fourth, it has a very well done homemade combination bar cover/chain tensioner/adapter.

Fifth, it has a 5/8" chain & sprocket. I have some old 090G brochures and manuals, and I have only ever seen or found reference to .404-8 and 1/2-7 sprockets. This saw has a 5/8-6 sprocket and although I have not removed it, it certainly does look to be factory. I'm wondering if maybe they made those sprockets back in the day of the Contra GS?

Lastly, and this goes back to the stories some of these saws have, scratched into the top cover is, "Used Two Hrs By Bushlers".

IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0603.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0592.JPG

I just added another 090G to my collection, and I must say that this is the most interesting one I've ever had. I don't have anything against minty saws, but my favorites are the ones that have a story to tell; rough, repaired, used, and full of character. This one has all of that and is an early one with the 66mm upgrade.

The first really great part about this saw is the early tube style cast muffler. I've been after one of those for awhile now. I understand these mufflers were made for both the Contra G and 090G, but I believe the muffler on this saw was originally for a Contra G, and the top bosses for the roll pin were cut off.

The second interesting part is the H&S bucking spike. I love these spikes, and this one is a slightly different style than the one I have for a standard 090, so this is a great addition to the collection.

Third, it has been fitted with a very nice Contra S fan cover which I'm very happy to have!

Fourth, it has a very well done homemade combination bar cover/chain tensioner/adapter.

Fifth, it has a 5/8" chain & sprocket. I have some old 090G brochures and manuals, and I have only ever seen or found reference to .404-8 and 1/2-7 sprockets. This saw has a 5/8-6 sprocket and although I have not removed it, it certainly does look to be factory. I'm wondering if maybe they made those sprockets back in the day of the Contra GS?

Lastly, and this goes back to the stories some of these saws have, scratched into the top cover is, "Used Two Hrs By Bushlers".

View attachment 617561 View attachment 617562 View attachment 617563 View attachment 617564 View attachment 617565 View attachment 617566 View attachment 617568 View attachment 617569 View attachment 617571

can i ask what the saw cost you?

Latest posts

Back