About that name...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenSVT

Where did all these saws come from?!?
Reaction score
So here's a fun idea for a thread. I want to know how you came up with that screen name/handle. I'll begin!

In 2003, I purchased a brand new car. It was an SVT Focus, and it was a limited production car(less than 14k over three years of production). There were tons of parts on them, unique to the SVT package from a normal Focus. With that came growing pains.

It seemed to be in the shop more often than not for a time, while they worked out the wrinkles. It probably didn't help that it spent a fair amount of time on the autocross course and corner carving...but I digress.

When I signed up for my first Focus forum site membership, I had to come up with a name and all the easy ones were taken. Since the car seemed to be "broken" all the time, I picked this one jokingly and it's stuck with me through the years.

I still have friends in real life who refer to me as "Broken" rather than "Greg" in conversation lol...

Your turn!

I originally hail from Northern California, where you're not really allowed to do anything fun. I'm also a fanatical mountain biker, which meant that I had to either stick to boring fire roads, or become an outlaw mountain biker...guess which I chose ;-)

My local loop was 10 miles door-to-door from my house, and was such a great ride, but just a little bit more than the law would allow :)

I got chased (but never caught) by the park rangers damn near every ride, so my buddies started calling me ranger bait.

My favorite project I ever built with my dad was a "Richard Petty" blue 1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe. Long story short I was on deployment and my dad told me he was gonna sell it. I said NO WAY and offered to buy it, but he wouldn't take money as he only wanted a new string trimmer. Needless to say I got him the biggest damn Stihl Trimmer money could buy.

Fury_zps1b64e001.jpg

l_3a6a76b40897303cd9edf3da12b9f477_zps7c698490.jpg

Fast forward several years and I got the itch for a silver 1966 GTO and ended up trading it for one. A real 242 code that was cosmetically done, but had electrical issues and a smog era 400. I loved the look, but the damn car hated me. It caught fire the first time I drove it (mild fire, starter shorted and had to change it out in a gas station parking lot in Orlando) fuel leaks, bad wiring, etc, and kept breaking motor mounts. Sold it and said good riddance.

Ever since then I've been searching for a 1970 Sport Fury. I love those C body mopars, and the 70 fury is my dream car (followed closely by a 300 Hurst)

I've owned a lot of classics (1970 Monte Carlo SS clone, 1965 Cutlass convertible, 1971 Toronado, 1973 Dart, 1985 535is, and a few others) but the Fury has stuck with me. Sportfury70 is my username for all of the forums I'm on, whether it's a Bimmer forum or Cummins)

I am a 2 stroke fool. So when i wanted a user name i looked in the garage at 7 2 stroke bikes 7 quads 7 skis 7 saws 7 blowers 7 whips 7 nitro cars and thought 7 must be a fluke or i am nust so i came up with smokey 7 as it seems fitting. Now i have more of some and less of others so the fluke of all 7s fell apart but still love them 2 strokers.

Back