Absolutely worth the trip - Videos of 056 Super and p61 race saws added

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of things:
1. Dave is the best. If you don't know him try to get to know him. His CCC company will treat you right on chain saws parts.
2. That little movie of my brother Jon is the saw Dave bought from him. It was racing against 3120s, 084s and other big fast machines. He came in second or third with a 6 CI saw!
3. Our name is spelled several different ways by different branches of the clan but we like Rupley.
4. I asked Jon if I could put the pepper recipe down and he said OK. One pint jar full of banana wax peppers (or your favorites). White vinegar, a tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic to taste (maybe 1/2 clove sliced into slivers). Pack those peppers into the jar, add the mixture to fill to the top, cap for about three weeks and enjoy.
5. I noticed you didn't mention the racing sprockets Dave. Gone all ready?
6. Lastly, I enjoyed reading this. Makes me smile. My wife likes it too. You should be a travel log writer.

No pics of people?
The three days went by like a blur and for some reason I just never rally thought to snap pics of people. I wish I had grabbed a "selfie" of Mike and I at least. I don't like to intrude on people I guess.

2. That little movie of my brother Jon is the saw Dave bought from him. It was racing against 3120s, 084s and other big fast machines. He came in second or third with a 6 CI saw!
When I saw that clip I was sure that was the saw I bought.
I told one of my buddies that I would give my right pinkie toe to have a reliable crossover like the one Jon showed off in that clip :)

4. I asked Jon if I could put the pepper recipe down and he said OK.
YES!!

5. I noticed you didn't mention the racing sprockets Dave. Gone all ready?
That huge press-on spline, 10 pin, 1/2" pitch sprocket is going to Bret @spencerpaving, he's the only bike saw guy i know personally :) The others will go in Dave's drawer of dastardly destruction :)

I appreciate the kind words from all of you, it makes the time spent typing all this worthwhile.

If any of you guys are in Mike's neck of the woods I am pretty sure he still has an ample supply of bars and chains that he would rather sell than move to his new place.
He was more than fair with me, I cant recommend dealing with him enough.
Dave

I wish I knew of a rupedoggy near me, but based on the picture of your swag pallet, the bank account (and wife) is probably happy that I don't.

Unloading that pallet of performance chainsaw stuffs is what dreams are made of. When you book plane tickets, freight vintage parts by the pallet and eat merican BBQ at various locations, that is serious chainsaw business that deserves respect. Very inspiring Dave, I just stood up from my chair faced the US & bowed to you & the Rupley bros.

Latest posts

Back