Absolutely worth the trip - Videos of 056 Super and p61 race saws added

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a hopped up 090, 3120, 088, 125 Mc will pull that 1/2 all right. Of course the bike saws need 1/2.
That Squarfile looks like he knows what he is doing but if Art was still here he would tell him several things wrong with it.

We paused from scouring over his horde to head into town and have dinner at Poor Reds BBQ, a world famous, local institution from the turn of the century, recently renovated but with tons of original character and pieces.

Delicious Ribs and onion rings, I tried a Golden Cadillac for which they are famous but it tasted like anise so I tried some other foo foo concoction that tasted great, Mike and I split a rack and I was stuffed like taxidermy. His lovely wife genuinely didn’t seem annoyed that we were talking chainsaw stuff nonstop.

View attachment 588215 View attachment 588216 View attachment 588217 View attachment 588218

While driving, the two of them are like an encyclopedia about all things California and local history, gold mining, the trees and how they completely change with the elevation, like a story book come to life with all the personal touches that make it fascinating. Time just flew by and we were back at their home and picking again.

As it got dark we agreed on a total for everything I had picked so far, I gave him all my cash, made plans for the next day and I set off for my hotel.

As I arrived I got a call from my wife back in Ohio who was going to bed, it was midnight Ohio time and I had gotten up at 5AM. I wasn’t tired, my mind was racing at all the fun waiting back at the garage.

Sleep came slow and I was awake at 2 AM, which is 5AM back in Ohio and when I would normally be getting up to cook breakfast. Nothing in town opens till 6AM so I read forums and try in vain to get back to sleep.

6Am I can finally get breakfast at the Hilton next door, my hotel doesn’t serve till 7 and time’s a waistin’

I have to stop at Lowes and buy a utility knife, duct tape, cardboard boxes a packing tape gun, rolls of bubble wrap, some black sharpies, painters tape and a pallet.
In my neck of the woods, I'm a couple of ridges over in Placer co., hope the heat didn't hamper your trip!:cool: I thought my CAD was bad, you're on a different level, my friend!:eek:

It was really comfortable (86 with no humidity) while I was there but supposed to get over 100 a few days after I left.
Now that I know people in California, the wildfires on the news make me pay attention and worry alot more, apparently I was more of a callous dik before :)

It was really comfortable (86 with no humidity) while I was there but supposed to get over 100 a few days after I left.
Now that I know people in California, the wildfires on the news make me pay attention and worry alot more, apparently I was more of a callous dik before :)
Living in the foothills means we face fire every year, I've been evacuated before and it was a stressful time for sure! This year there are millions of dead ponderosa pine from drought and bark beetle infestation, never seen it this bad before. Well take alll the prayers we can get!:cool:

Back