Accessorizing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHMike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I just pulled the trigger on my new fire wood accessory!! Ordered a Super Split J model from Paul this afternoon. It will be ready on Thursday. I opted to go pick it up because: A) it will be faster, and B) Paul will assemble it for me!

Been hemming and hawing about getting it, and the wife said "stop gripping and go get it" You don't have to tell me twice......Got it ordered before she could change her mind.

I have about 50 logs waiting to be bucked up, but I have to skid them out of the woods first. been waiting for things to firm up to start skidding. A couple of trees close by my landing area may fall victim to the saw so I can properly test out the splitter.

Back in Sept, 2012, I bought the DR Rapid Fire. I really liked it but I had several problems with things bending. Didn't want to get stuck with it down the road and be fixing it all the time. So I decided to return it while it was still under warranty. Told myself, the ONLY splitter I would own is a Super Split. I have been using a friends hydro, but that is so slow after you use a Super Split style.

I will post pictures once I pick it up.

You have made a great decision. Paul is a stand up guy who makes a awesome machine. As many have and will say you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner!! I have had mine a little over a year now and regret not buying one years ago. Make sure and bring some tie downs for the return trip. Post some pics upon getting it.

I have been out of commission for a bit with my back. Finally able to get back in the game ( no pun intended ). Here are some pics of the new toy...er tool.
Hauling Home.jpg Super Split.jpgSplitting Tools.jpg
All I had hanging around for wood were two bucket loads of birch rounds that I didn't split last fall. These were the stringyest birch rounds I have ever come across. It didn't matter though,....the SS blew right through them. If I can figure out how to upload and post a video, I will post splitting the birch rounds.
2014 Wood Pile.jpg This is my 2014 pile to skid out of the woods. I also have another 10 logs further up the hill. All of the logs were cut last summer.

Logging Buddy.jpg This was my 3rd load that I hauled out with my helper.

Can't wait to get some of the logs bucked up so I can run the splitter!

Looks awesome Mike! Im a hand splitter and my neighbor has a hydraulic for the few nasty pieces that I cant takle. Someday when I wise up and stop splitting by hand a supersplit will be in my yard. Not to hyjack but I was thinking the other day: Why couldnt you make a 3 point hitch model of supersplit that ran off the tractor hydraulics instead of gas motor? Maybe its too expensive? Seems like a good option for some people that have "too many gas engines syndrome."

Thanks for the comments. The SS is a kinetic energy splitter. It is available either electric or gas engine. I would think it would take a tremendous amount of engineering to get the flywheels going. I did see a picture where someone made a 3pt hitch on the SS to move it around. That would be handy.

Im aware of the the flywheel. These things run off small relatively tourquless motors. I would think even with efficiency loss of a hydro system. You could easily get the power out of a even a small diesel tractor. I know they use hydro motors on skid steers all the time. Granted its a lot more flow and more demanding applications on a SS. Hopefully one of the engineers can shoot some holes in my idea.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back