ACRT training anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joezilla11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with acrt courses? I have limited experience in tree work but have done rope work mainly repelling with the military and local LE. Many years in construction and roofing but have been thinking about getting into tree work. Before the attacks start know that I do have experienced climbers that I've worked with before that I can continue to learn from and work with but was considering ordering ISA courses and attending the acrt week long courses in addition to this. I'm all about education and training and would like to know your thoughts on these. Especially acrt because its seems like a great "working" based course but I cannot find anyone who has actually attended. Website is ACRT - Independent Vegetation Management if your not familiar with it

Just wondering...Did you attend any workshops yet? I too have thought of giving this program a try. Arbormaster offers workshops also. You can back to back 2/3 day classes for a full wk. A few other options exist too...hard to find reviews in my experience.

No I haven't its scheduled for April so in the mean time I'm just reading, watching whatever I can. Wesspur sells arbormaster training DVDs but I didn't know they had classes you can attend. Ill have to look that up.

- I was able to find one review online its a guy who went thru the basic and advanced courses at acrt. If I can find the link ill post it for you.

Last edited:
I used to be an instructor for ACRT, at that time I know they had the best instructors and training program in the world EVER!:D

Seriously though, the program is def worth it, step by step instruction from basic to advanced, explaining the WHYs and not just the HOWs. Safety is for sure a top priority, both during and after the training.

Will it make you a better climber? you bet

Will it make you more $? depends on you and how much you apply what you learn

ACRT for Line Clearance

Last year we made the drive out to Ohio and took the Line Clearance Arborist course. We have to do this every year because the company I work for has the contract with the local power co. I learned a few new rigging tricks/knots and alot of safety stats/laws. I was pretty impressed with the program. We went out and cut down a big ash and a silver maple as part of it, everybody had to spike and use rope climbing as part of the course. Arial rescue and climbing tests were part of your final score. Also some tree ID, a knot test, and a multiple choice test. Overall it was well worth the time- I had to get the certification to continue working line clearance anyway. Hope the info helped. I haven't taken any of their other courses. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys definitely helped. Class starts April 15 and there are only 5 of us registered for it so it should make for a good class. Ill be sure to post a review when I'm done.

Strata you make any decisions yet?

Not gonna make it in April. Excited to hear what you think. I'm too busy gettin ready for the season. With that small of a class you should get to cover the things you want. I hear when the class is small it is tailored towards the needs of the individuals in the class. Should be a great experience! :msp_smile:

Also, just spent a nice chunk of change pickin up a 200T in near perfect condition. There goes my tax $! Now I got to reel in my spending and get to work!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back