Add on Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will get what you pay for when talking about wood furnaces.

Yukon's furnaces are on sale for the month of May.

Since I just can't wait till May, what kinda sale are we talkin? I'd really like to be able to afford a newer, safer unit that what I used this winter. I'm thinkin the low end furnace with the (somehow) optional blower.

Since I just can't wait till May, what kinda sale are we talkin? I'd really like to be able to afford a newer, safer unit that what I used this winter. I'm thinkin the low end furnace with the (somehow) optional blower.

Could you tell me the size of your house? We have a few wood stand alones or add ons for your ducting.

I'll keep you in mind Eric when it's ready to get tested.
I'm sure we will need a guniea pig.

I've been testing too...a new jig I've tied...looks like it's working!
DSC02515.jpg

Could you tell me the size of your house? We have a few wood stand alones or add ons for your ducting.

I'll keep you in mind Eric when it's ready to get tested.
I'm sure we will need a guniea pig.

I've been testing too...a new jig I've tied...looks like it's working!
DSC02515.jpg

My house is 3200 square feet. My ducting is is the attic only for AC. I heat with radiant hydronic in the slab.
A stand alone will not keep my feet warm LOL
Sorry but I have to have a boiler..\

Oh btw. Nice bait.

Last edited:

DSC02515.jpg

1250sqft brick ranch. I'm looking for an add on unit that ties into the GFA ductwork. I already received literature and the smaller addon would be more than enough I think. It's just a matter of checking with the city, and also trying to find that damn money tree I planted a few years back :biggrinbounce2:

Keep in mind wood heat is inexpensive, it is also a manual type of heat.
You do not have continuity of operation like with gas,oil or electric furnaces.
The heat is always coming,but if you get a unit that has a lot of control you can keep your home pretty warm and you will not be overheating very much.

I see a ton of this is how they are....do not lump all wood burners in the same basket.

I'll admit it takes a season to learn where to set drafts and what load sizes to load ,but once learned it sure is nice to have a warm and toasty home for next to nothing in costs compared to my normal 4000$ liquid gas expenditure.
I wonder what I'll be spending that 4 grand on this year.
Maybe a downstroke on a new boat?:clap:

I'm still burning wood with the temps in the 30's and 40's.
After a day in the boat it sure is nice to come home to that wood heat.
DSC02515.jpg

Ditto!....I sold a lot of Yukon's years ago, can't beat 'em.

YupMikey...been with Yukon goin on 11 years now and it's not very often I run into someone that doesn't like their furnace and when they don't it's most likely the install is messed up,but after a few calls we get the guy squared away most often.

Latest posts

Back