Adding Blower To Woodstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobInMN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is my first year heating with wood. Last fall I installed a Quadra Fire Yosemite free standing fireplace. I did not add the optional blower. I have not been burning the best of wood in it. Some of the wood could use more seasoning I'm sure. I have not had a problem with cresote build up. I have a ceiling fan in the room that it is installed in. I'm wondering if I would notice a big difference in the heat put out if I was to add a blower? I tried a small fan behind the stove one day and it seemed like it helped. Problem was the wife didn't like the noise the fan made. How quite are the blowers that mount on the stove? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Welcome to AS.

The blower will help move the air from around the firing chamber and you will notice the improvement. My stove is older and the fan is loud. I have been looking at new units and the fans are very quite. I would go to a showroom that uses the model of fan your unit requires and have them run it for you and your wife. This will give you the opportunity to try before you buy.

I have a blower on mine and it was real loud until i removed it and placed it on a stand i made from a piece of metal with rubber feet.
you cant hear it at all.

squirrel cage fan not blade type

shayne

my old stove has a squirrel fan built into it and it is somewhat noisy. I tell the wife to get over it. I also run the ceiling fan in the same room. Theres also a window behind the stove about a foot to the right that I crack open and that gives the stove the draft it need. finally, I turn the blower on to the heatpump and that circulates the heat around the house. Even with all those fans going, its is still way cheapr than the heatpump and those darn heatstrips that come on when its really cold outside

I have a quadrafire stove with fan, it works great.

The way most quadrafires are built there is a gap between the back of the stove and the black cover panel the fan (very quiet) blows air in between that gap moving good hot air and it really helps if you can my stove also had a top peice with fins that helps direct the blower air forward and not just up but I think you need to install that at the time you install the stove as it fits around the vent pipe

Good luck, a little pricey but worth it

Latest posts

Back