Advice Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I buy up old chainsaws and sell them on ebay and today I bought a bunch of Stihl parts. The problem is that I do not know what models they will work on. I see CD's for sale on ebay that are parts list for all Stihl saws. I would like to know if anyone has ever used one of these and your opinion on them. Thanks Tom

tomdcoker said:
I buy up old chainsaws and sell them on ebay and today I bought a bunch of Stihl parts. The problem is that I do not know what models they will work on. I see CD's for sale on ebay that are parts list for all Stihl saws. I would like to know if anyone has ever used one of these and your opinion on them. Thanks Tom

The first 4 numbers of the part are the series of the saws they fit. Not sure about the Cd's because they're are several out there. The last one I got, Media-Cat, has all the parts and numbers for all Stihl models current and some dating way back.

tomdcoker said:
One of the parts has the #'s 1125 on it. Does this mean that it is for a 025 saw. Thanks Tom

Nope. Those first 4 number pertain to the series of saw models. Need to get a listing or one of those Cd's and you will see those first 4 number pertain to a series of saws, not by any number of model. There are several differnt models in the same series so need to get a list to verify what you have there....

THALL10326 said:
The first 4 numbers of the part are the series of the saws they fit. Not sure about the Cd's because they're are several out there. The last one I got, Media-Cat, has all the parts and numbers for all Stihl models current and some dating way back.

Be careful with Mediacat - it expires (won't run) about 1 year from manufacture date. Current version is SCS 1-2006; Prior version is SCS 3-2005 and will expire in August.

There is another CD called "Stihl Service" floating around that has most of the newer (last 15 years) of all Stihl equipment. Never expires...

cd's

i have some but not for stihl they are good as some cover all modles like mcculloch 1948-2004 you can print the manual you need and take to the shop. beats paying $5-10 for each one:rock: :buttkick:

THALL10326 said:
.. Those first 4 number pertain to the series of saw models. Need to get a listing ....
There is a listing at this web-site.

Select "Stihl-Tabelle", and then there is a link ("HIER") close to the top/right corner, above the "Tabelle" itself.

Back