Advice/opinions on an Echo CS4600...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Johndeer 36le

This saw was made by Efco (in Italy) Not sure if this is the same company you are asking about. I have had it for almost three years now. Until January it was my only saw. It seems to work great for a little saw. I cut over 18 cords of wood with it so far. The only problem I have had is the air cleaner gets dirty fast. It is expensive to replace if you do some thing stupid to it when you are cleaning it. (you do not want to know, All that I will say is canned air for computer cleaning is not a good way to clean out the filter)

Last edited:
I have had a CS4400 for several yrs. It has always run like a top and I don't baby it. It stays in the back of the wood truck all the time I just dig it out and use it. I heat with wood and use it on the farm. I would buy another one for sure.

I picked up a CS-4400 about a month ago as a project saw. Had been ran lean by previous owner, scored up the piston and cylinder. I bought a piston kit and a few gaskets from the local dealer and did the muratic acid treatment and a light hone job to the cylinder-some small scores did not come out.

Expecting it to be a real dog at only 44cc's & having a few scratches still in the cylinder, the first run had me in awe. Its a little dynamo for its size. Lightweight, flexy AV, and excellent runner I couldn't put it down that afternoon. I'm running the Carlton K1 .325 with a Echo branded 18" bar I got from the dealer too. Well worth the small cost and time. I've only had it a short time and ran about a 1.5 gallons of gas/mix through it but I think its a keeper.

I have a couple of Echo 4600's and really like them. Very solid saw and they take a beating and keep on cutting. Mine wear a .325 18" bar and that works well on them.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back