aftermarket crankshaft for stihl???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
anyone here ever tried one. anyone here have good or bad luck with one. what brand or source would you recommend?

Raisman/Platte makes a good crank. Someone put one in a saw ran for milling a year or so ago, still running with no issues. I've used several on 365/372 saws and no returns. Of all the cranks I've sold, no returns yet, I'd have to ask my supplier for brand.

Crankshafts often survive other trauma to saws whether physical or engine damage so I would make the assumption there are plenty of used ones around. Is that not the case? I know I've seen lots of aftermarket ones for the 1127 series Stihls but haven't tried one as I haven't run out of OEM ones.

Purchased a new aftermarket crank for a beater Stihl 660 $25 delivered ebay. Pleasantly surprised. It miced out perfectly. Weighted slightly less (something like 96% of oem). In the future, I would try the aftermarket over used oem. At least until I was burned. deereguy

Back