Aftermarket parts strike again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't it be crazy if China produced the OEM stuff and the no-name stuff.
It's going that way
They do make a lot of the oem stuff. Stihl has plants in china.
My Sthil stuff is made in Germany, some West Germany. I have a stash of old parts for my saws.

F Chi-Coms and people who deal with them........

So does GM. First thing GM did when Sotero bailed them out with US taxpayer $$$, was build a new factory, in Brazil. Gooberment Motors.

F GM too. I own a bunch of old ones <1990. 1968 Camaro RS/SS, all USA.
Most of the major manufacturers of anything have plants in China. My gmc truck was built in Mexico. Asked the owner of the tire shop about some trailer tires. He said they're all made in China. He said the only thing American made anymore is babies.

chinese carbs come with crappy hoses, plug and filter....none should be used. The hosesoften have flashing inside, kink, collapse in use or simply go soft after fuel exposure. The plugs might last 20 hours if that and the filters poorly work and reduce flow and do not have enough weight to chase the fuel in the tank...Many of the chicom carbs need a diaphragm kit out of the box so I tend to order 2 or 3 at a time playing the odds one will work right.

Most of the major manufacturers of anything have plants in China. My gmc truck was built in Mexico. Asked the owner of the tire shop about some trailer tires. He said they're all made in China. He said the only thing American made anymore is babies.

1/2 of those are criminal aliens Biden imported

Part of the problem with all this crap being bought is that it is so easy to sort the eBay results Price + Shipping lowest first. They don't have customer review as a sort option like Amazon does. But even reviews can be faked pretty easily.

Problem is that fabrication there is very much the wild west.

One entrepreneur decides he wants to make rubber hoses... buys the machines... probably used. Makes some hoses... gets feedback... sorts his process out... hoses start being ok... eventually he needs new machines. Takes his profit and buys them. Sells his old machines to another entrepreneur who makes hoses that look just like his... at the prices he charges... and noone in the US has any indication which hose they are buying... the one from the guy who knows what he's doing and who just bought a new machine... or the guy with no clue who is running the broken down machine the first guy got rid of.

Problem is that fabrication there is very much the wild west.

One entrepreneur decides he wants to make rubber hoses... buys the machines... probably used. Makes some hoses... gets feedback... sorts his process out... hoses start being ok... eventually he needs new machines. Takes his profit and buys them. Sells his old machines to another entrepreneur who makes hoses that look just like his... at the prices he charges... and noone in the US has any indication which hose they are buying... the one from the guy who knows what he's doing and who just bought a new machine... or the guy with no clue who is running the broken down machine the first guy got rid of.

That sounds about right.

Just like their chainsaw coils. Some work and some don't. I had my 1st one last week that drove me crazy. Saw would start then stall. Open the throttle and the saw would run great. Start letting off the throttle and the saw would quit. I swapped out the coil to a known good one and my saw runs great again. China got that POS coil back.

Back