Ailanthus removel tips?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi.
As I work my way towards the back portion of my woodlot during brush clearing (bush honeysuckle, multi floral rose, grapevine, ect.) I starting noticing a few ailanthus sprouts on the back hillside. I kept on seeing more and more seedlings and saplings as I made my way up the hill. I'm thinking to myself that there has got to be an adult around here somewhere. Well, so far I have found 6. They range in size from about 8 to 14 inches in diameter. I got out my hatchet and Garlon 3A and did alittle hack and squirt on them yesterday. I have to wipe out a bunch of juveniles yet.

I was wondering what some of you guys use on these trees. The Garlon 3A killed 2 seperate adults I had found earlier this year. I know you shouldn't just cut them down for fear of pissing them off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Vince

I'm not a pro, but I do share your hatred of these weeds. I have found them to be pretty weak - Roundup does them in pretty well.

Of course, you'll be dealing with the seeds for a long time to come, but that will happen no matter what you do.

Did I mention that I hate these things? :mad:

Latest posts

Back