alaska bandsaw mill better pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene1605

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
sorry about the other pictures just learing should have stuck with welding

grampa

Riverrat2

My oooolder brother builds this same mill in south east oklahoma if you are ever there stop and take a look he would enjoy the company.
grampa

Nice looking job. Do you have something to stop the sawdust from building up under the wheels, or isn't it a problem? I had use of a sawmill for a while, and it did that. Not enough to stop it from rolling, but enough to feel as I pushed. I was going to build some kind of scraper or sweep, but the guy that lent it to me took it back.

Tom

the wheels that carry the load have a narrow flange that cuts thru the sawdust not perfect but works well. am allways looking for ways to improve and simplify my bandsaw mill.
one thing the mill has that the pictures doesnt show is my bevel sideing atchment . just a short lever pull changes the blade angle
i live and build by by the K I S S prinsiple.
grampa

gene1605 said:
My oooolder brother builds this same mill in south east oklahoma if you are ever there stop and take a look he would enjoy the company.
grampa

Hey cool give me his info, I go through OK several times a year as my lil sis lives in Wichita Ks and I will stop in and check him out when I go next time..

Back