Alert, Animal Planet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nov 29 (that's tonight guys) new series "Redwood Kings" begins. They'll be cutting a huge redwood with a 13' foot chainsaw, single power head!!!. 8pm Pacific Coast time.

Harry K

http://www.*****************/gallery/albums/userpics/22539/rps20131125_184336_769.jpg Worlds largest chainsaw 13' there going to cut a giant redwood on Animal planet channel Fri. Nov.29th

I wanna know two things. What power head is it that can drive that thang. And how in the name of anything can they keep it oiled up!!

Harry K

Well, it looks like an older big stihl something, 090 or 70 maybe? Someone will know or they will say on the show.

Harry, your link to the image goes to one of the "sites that shall not be mentioned here"

I saved the pic off that site to my computer, will upload it here. Looks like probably a 3120 Husky to me
rps20131125_184336_769.jpg

Now if I could just get my Directv to cooperate, I could go watch the rest of it. Effin high tech stuff...

Thanks for the heads up on this show. Even though it's not logging or anything, its pretty neat. These guys ae very talented. And those huge trees just fascinate the bejeebers outta me. Wife watched it with me, she asked how much that stuff would cost. I told her I'm pretty sure you don't want to know.

Thanks for the heads up on this show. Even though it's not logging or anything, its pretty neat. These guys ae very talented. And those huge trees just fascinate the bejeebers outta me. Wife watched it with me, she asked how much that stuff would cost. I told her I'm pretty sure you don't want to know.

My WAG is around $100,000

Harry K

Is this the same show where they go diving and find old valuable logs on the river bottoms and salvage them? My boss was trying to describe a show he saw on the satellite but couldn't remember the name of it.

Back