All I got for Christmas was a Central Illinois Bandit dealership...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigus Termitius

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Oh, I suppose that's not entirely true. I got the usual gifts, but nothing made my holiday season more than receiving a phone call a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was work, but when I looked up the number it was an ag dealership from my old hometown of Farmer City, IL. I figured they were looking for my old man, so I called back.

Guy gets on the phone and asks about my tree service and proceeds to inform me that they are now a bandit dealer. We talk awhile and he sends me some dvds and what not.

I had some time the other day to drop on by and see what they have. Sure enough, they've got a 65, a 990, an 1890, and I think it was a 2150 stumper. We talked a while and fired up the 1890. Talked some more and ended up taking a takeuchi skidder for a spin. (Good grief those are sweet.)

Some of you know the problems I had with Vermeer this past year. So much so, I started talking to different equipment companies in the area about looking into becoming a Bandit dealer. Thus, you can imagine how glad I am to get this news and at Christmas to boot.

I told them I'd do everything I could to help them make this dealership work in central Illinois for everybody. No more bowing to inferior service in this neck of the woods. I'm sending them to the utilities, the municipalities, and the rental companies I deal with. I'm looking into doing a few demos with them and maybe picking up a 15" 1390 before it's all said and done. I mentioned that before I was just interested in a used 200 with a Deere, but having a Bandit dealership in my backyard changes things.

I always liked having the ISA right here in Champaign, but thought it was odd not to have at least someone to rival vermeer in this region. After extensive research, and a lot of influence from this site, the feedback of bandit owners, all I wanted was a Bandit dealership.

Well, I got it...and the guys over here are great and looking to go out of their way to make it happen.

Have any of you ever gotten involved with a new dealership to lend a hand at making it work in your area? How'd it go? I've got ideas, but any relative input would be great.

I would also like to get an arborist shop set up with or through them. I know Sherrill is with vermeer, but does anyone know if that is an exclusive thing?

I've always had good luck with them and the counter guys at vermeer have done well with me in that regard. I'd like them to go with Sherrill, but if they are exclusively hitched with vermeer I guess they'd have to go with another supplier like bailey's or wes spur if they even do that kind of thing for dealerships.

Anyway, just wanted to get the word out and get some feedback.

Wow! Where you dealing with the Vermeer here in the QC? They are not real good either. I only go there for the sherrill stuff. Wish we had another place here and have often thought about doing something myself.

Wow! Where you dealing with the Vermeer here in the QC? They are not real good either. I only go there for the sherrill stuff. Wish we had another place here and have often thought about doing something myself.

I told them I knew of a guy in the quads that might be interested to hear the news.

I've been up there a couple of times in moline. I wasn't impressed, they wanted to sell me a junk rolled over mobark for a fortune that now sits in eureka's backlot. My main troubles came out of the eureka/goodfield dealership. I was never too impressed early on when dealing with them for the ex-company’s vermeer 1400xl. I never had a problem with the sherrill store side of things. After last year’s wild goose chase to Evansville, IN. after a junk grinder that evansville told the eureka salesman (while he was standing in my driveway filling out paperwork) it was no good and not to send me, I've been looking for an alternative and hoping for Bandit.

I told the new Bandit guys I knew of a few guys in this region that have been equally disappointed. I shared that story with my rental agent while I was asking about their purchasing. (Most rental stores are outfitted with vermeer around here, but I plan to help change that.) When I mentioned who sent me on that joyride he had a big smile and said he wasn't surprised. He's interested in talking to the boys at Bandit now. The region has been under vermeer rule for a long time and vermeer is openly smug about it. They won't be smiling with the same arrogance for long with such quality equipment and service as an alternative.

I'm not looking to become a salesman, but I'll connect the dots and help them network. I'll be on hand to help anyway I can, for example once I get a machine they'll be able to drop on in anytime and showcase it. Stuff like that. I've got a big commercial job right along an in town highway corridor that combines two state highways through town. We are hoping to put together a high profile demo there. It's a couple of large cottonwoods so the 1890 will be on hand.:D

Last edited:
They are an arborist supply outfit based out of Las Angeles Ca. I have been in their store when out in LA for other business, nice folks, very helpful.

Where is this dealer? I've been to the big V over by Eureka for the last time if I can avoid it.

They are located east of Farmer City, IL. on route 150. The business is called Central Illinois Ag. Ph # (309) 928-2154. If you go to the Bandit website and do a dealer search they are in there with all their other Central Illinois stores listed as well. Ask for Gannon or Andy and tell them Ryan told you about it. They are great guys and motivated to make it work for us. :msp_thumbup:

They are located east of Farmer City, IL. on route 150. The business is called Central Illinois Ag. Ph # (309) 928-2154. If you go to the Bandit website and do a dealer search they are in there with all their other Central Illinois stores listed as well. Ask for Gannon or Andy and tell them Ryan told you about it. They are great guys and motivated to make it work for us. :msp_thumbup:

Thanks for the info.
Isn't that the Case IH/takahuchi dealer over there? I have been there for some tractor parts before. Good guys. You live in Farmer City still?

Thanks for the info.
Isn't that the Case IH/takahuchi dealer over there? I have been there for some tractor parts before. Good guys. You live in Farmer City still?

No problem.

Yeah, that's the place. Good guys alright, some of the staff I grew up with are gone, but some still remain.

I left Farmer City back around 2000, after a year in the Rock Island area, and a year in the Peoria area, we settled in around Gibson City.

I'm kinda curious where you're at man?

Thanks,
Ryan

No problem.

Yeah, that's the place. Good guys alright, some of the staff I grew up with are gone, but some still remain.

I left Farmer City back around 2000, after a year in the Rock Island area, and a year in the Peoria area, we settled in around Gibson City.

I'm kinda curious where you're at man?

Thanks,
Ryan

Metamora area for me now. Originally down south around Olney but moved up here in 05.

I don't think rental companies will ever go a different director than vermeer. Vermeer really gives rental companies a huge incentive. Vermeer dealer here is awesome however expensive.

I don't think rental companies will ever go a different director than vermeer. Vermeer really gives rental companies a huge incentive. Vermeer dealer here is awesome however expensive.

The guy I was talking with the other day isn't at all happy with vermeer so we'll see.

Do you have anyone else in that area other than vermeer?

Metamora area for me now. Originally down south around Olney but moved up here in 05.

Ok, yeah I know that area. An old friend of mine is the Marshall Co. Coroner. I used to cut through there all the time on my way to Lacon. I lived in morton for a year back in 02. Staying busy up there?

Latest posts

Back