allergic to walnut and butternut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dts99

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just curious how odd i am being both a tree cimber and allergic to juglans geneis trees, everytime i cut them i get nasty puss-ee rash on my forarms, and even my face once. does this happen to anybody else and what are the cures? ivyblock, home remidies?? i have to work on 2 of them next week, i think between being covered up and it beening winter i might not get hit so bad, but in the summer i gets me good

just curious how odd i am being both a tree cimber and allergic to juglans geneis trees, everytime i cut them i get nasty puss-ee rash on my forarms, and even my face once. does this happen to anybody else and what are the cures? ivyblock, home remidies?? i have to work on 2 of them next week, i think between being covered up and it beening winter i might not get hit so bad, but in the summer i gets me good
Just your fore arms or all over? Covering up like your in a tree covered in poison ivy sounds good maybe add a dust mask so you in hale less saw dust.

I've climbed ivy trees in Tyvek suits, complete with hood in the middle of summer. No treat but you have to do whatever it takes. It should be much easier to cover in the winter. Full clothing and a baliclava face cover. I have no reaction to walnut but I never had a reaction to ivy until I hit my 50's.
Phil

I can't say how odd you are :hmm3grin2orange: but when i cut black walnut my forearms breakout to and when i cut sycamore i cough for hours!

I can't say how odd you are :hmm3grin2orange: but when i cut black walnut my forearms breakout to and when i cut sycamore i cough for hours!

sycamore is bad news. I wrap a dew rag around my face like a bank robber when I work with it. Never had a problem with walnut but juniper makes me break out in hives all over

Full clothing and a baliclava face cover.
Phil

So that's how its spelled,lol! Spell check says balaclava, who knows! I spelled it Baclava, guess that is a desert! Anyways, I love those things!

My F-I-L is allergic to yellow dye, also to any evergreen, especially pine, breaks out real bad ans swells up, can kill him if he gets it real bad, affects his respiratory action. He stays far away from it.

sycamore dust i will watch out for. i havent worked on one in a long time, im guna climb the 2 walnuts in a tank top as a sience experament to see if winter domacy plays a role! should be interesting

So that's how its spelled,lol! Spell check says balaclava, who knows! I spelled it Baclava, guess that is a desert! Anyways, I love those things!

My F-I-L is allergic to yellow dye, also to any evergreen, especially pine, breaks out real bad ans swells up, can kill him if he gets it real bad, affects his respiratory action. He stays far away from it.
You're correct, as usual. I kept getting a spelling error with baliclava and I even googled it but I guess I couldn't get me brain to see the difference. I should have had someone drop a piano on me when I turned 50.
Phil

Latest posts

Back