Allgear Husky rigging line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with it? I'm contemplating a 5/8"x 150'.
Is the samson just that much better? Because it costs up to 20% more. I'm looking to get a high quality line at a decent price. I have a piece of 1/2" poly double braid that has been great but due to its small diameter has limited me to taking smaller pieces and smaller jobs. As my confidence and skill is growing I'd like to be able to dump some bigger pieces to save time.

Which rigging lines do you guys use and why?

Thoughts?

I have used the 1/2, 9/16, 5/8 and 3/4 and have had good results and longevety with them all! Great quality for the price.

Good line IMO. Jacket seems a little looser than Stable-Braid to me but I have a 9/16 line and it is a nice rope. I will be buying more.

I've been waiting on mine for a week and a half, I'm getting impatient. Im excited to use it on a big cottonwood in a couple weeks. 34" dbh and about 40' to the first branch. Big rope for big wood. Can't wait to put it through the rounds.

I ordered mine with a spliced eye on
one end for the flexibility . I'll whip the other and heat shrink tube it.

Last edited:
I get to use my new line next week. Pretty stoked.

Get to use it? I need some as well. Are you using a block or friction device? I am starting to get bigger jobs as well and thinking about a CMI block and whoopie for speed.

I run a medium porta wrap and a 5/8" CMI block. This combo works well. I've only lightly used the new line. one of my big jobs got postponed so I'll have to wait to get big wood on it. It like what I've experienced with it so far.

Last edited:
I have been using a 5/8 rope, 12 braid I think that I got at the Army Surplus. It is designed for tree work with a 10,000 break strength. It has worked ok but it's really heavy want something more dynamic and weighs less. It is well used and I just cut about 50' off of 150' because it was glazed so bad. My famous saying, " let it run! " I haven't roped allot of big wood yet but I want to be able to for efficiency and professionalism. I like tying off almost everything especially in high end neighborhoods. I am reading,"To Fell A Tree" and paying more attention to calculating weight and kilo newtons.

For a while I used a 1/2 double braid poly line rated at 10,000lb. It has worked well but I also wanted something a little more dynamic and purpose built. The husky line is hard to beat for value. I ordered mine with an eye splice and I just connect it with a 1/2" screw pin shackle. It's faster and easier than tying a knot. Pretty slick setup.

Anyone have experience with it? I'm contemplating a 5/8"x 150'.
Is the samson just that much better? Because it costs up to 20% more. I'm looking to get a high quality line at a decent price. I have a piece of 1/2" poly double braid that has been great but due to its small diameter has limited me to taking smaller pieces and smaller jobs. As my confidence and skill is growing I'd like to be able to dump some bigger pieces to save time.

Which rigging lines do you guys use and why?

Thoughts?

I have used 5/8ths arborplex and 9/16ths stable braid...I really like the stable braid run thru a cmi stainless block and thru my lowering devices that I made... Runs really good. I also just got 123ft of 5/8ths polydyne from wesspur on clearance for 130... Haven't got to use it yet but ill post a review when I do use it...

Latest posts

Back