Almost time for shutdown for the summer.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drywall bucket went on top of the flue Friday...was in the low 90's this weekend....cleanout will commence soon. Looks like i went thru about 9 cords this year.

Im still burning here,it was 87 yesterday,but will cool off a bit in a few days.I think Im going to shut down soon,probably next week.Im trying to burn all the crappy wood I have acquired.Problem is,this time of yr,the air temps arent cool enough to allow the hot owb smoke to rise as much,so I dont want to get my neighbors mad,even though they are over 1/2 mi away,the smoke isnt rising like it was in the cooler weather,thats 1/2 the reason im shutting down.

Going down in the 20°'s again tonight and tomorrow night hell I'll probably still be burning in mid May.

i had the inside stove all buttoned up and it got cold it's 0c rite now and we got an inch of snow last nite. i had to scramble to the roof and take off the bucket and put the rain cap back on. the electric furnace kicked in and it woke me up at 2am this morning. pretty chilly in the boxers on the roof. lol

Latest posts

Back