Alpina and Castor Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple pic's of my 120.
Pretty decent shape and a strong runner.
Thanks to Gmax for helping with one part
to make it a runner.

Lee

AlpinaPro120001.jpg

AlpinaPro120002.jpg

AlpinaPro120003.jpg

Sho is purty. That is a burly lookin saw.

to make it a runner.

Lee

AlpinaPro120001.jpg

AlpinaPro120002.jpg

AlpinaPro120003.jpg

I have seen your other tread about that saw. After seeing that one, it seems like the model I have is the most common series.

Alpina PS120

Hi guys, just having a look at your posts... whats a good running Alpina 120 worth as I have one running and a second one for spares that I might consider selling. I am using the power head to run a hand held stump grinder (stump master) that I dont use all that often as I have other stump machines aswell, and have other Stihl powerheads that I can use instead of the Alpina. It has plenty of compression and is in good condition for its age.
I live in Adelaide SA,
cheers Mike

Hi guys, just having a look at your posts... whats a good running Alpina 120 worth as I have one running and a second one for spares that I might consider selling. I am using the power head to run a hand held stump grinder (stump master) that I dont use all that often as I have other stump machines aswell, and have other Stihl powerheads that I can use instead of the Alpina. It has plenty of compression and is in good condition for its age.
I live in Adelaide SA,
cheers Mike

You live in Adelaide do you :), I've been looking for Alpina 120, I'll send you a PM
tomorrow, bedtime now.

Hi Mike-

It's hard to put a value on these since they fluctuate so much on ebay. I'm sure if you were to offer it for sale here, you would get some good offers. Wayne (gmax) is in your area and has been looking for a good running 120 for years. I'm sure he would make a fair offer.

Alpina 120 (Pro Kut Prof120)

I have an Alpina Pro Kut Prof120 if you are interested. Lets talk

I don't know much about the Castor saws, but the Alpina saws seem to be quite sought after. I'd love to have one of the bigger Alpinas in my collection,
they are beautiful.

Meanwhile someone's mailbox getting full, I'll post a few pics of my Castor C-90, identical to the Alpina Pro90.

quite a heavy saw, but like Jacob already mentioned, they perform somewhat identical to the older Stihls. Very partical and nice sound though.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/belgian_pics/saw collection/C90c-1.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/belgian_pics/saw collection/C90d.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/belgian_pics/saw collection/C90e.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/belgian_pics/saw collection/C90h.jpg

Well at least the colors and country of origin are right, anyone care to take a guess as to what this saw is? I'll rep who ever guesses correctly...c'mon it aint hard!
attachment.php
193603d1312924872-mystery-saw-jpg

I have 2 Castor C-70 saws that I bought new and I stumbled on this site looking for a place where I can buy new sprockets for them. I found a place a few years ago where I got a Herr 113-A7 sprocket but it doesn't seem to be around any more. These things both run great but I only have 1 sprocket between them anymore. Anybody know of a place where I can get a couple it would be much appreciated. I noticed a comment about somebody who needed an air cleaner and I thought I would pass along what I did when mine wore out I just cut a piece of Uni air filter foam which you can buy at motorcycle dirt bike supply shops over the old worn out plastic filter.

I have a Alpina Pro 70 that I am currently repairing and the air filter is just like that.
I have a problem with the flywheel and skips some pools.
The carburetor has a problem also, it needs cleaning and tunning.

The piston I am not sure if it needs replacing .
How do you determine if you need replacing the piston?

If the piston looks good through the exhaust port with no scoring
and the saw has good compression you should be good to go. If
the piston looks good and you have weak compression you may
just need new rings.

to make it a runner.

Lee

AlpinaPro120001.jpg

AlpinaPro120002.jpg

AlpinaPro120003.jpg
Hello Lee,
I was just given a saw like yours. It looks identical. I can't find markings to confirm it. Do you have any info such as an IPL available? I can't send a pic of the saw as I'm now out of town at work. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Will

If y
Hello Lee,
I was just given a saw like yours. It looks identical. I can't find markings to confirm it. Do you have any info such as an IPL available? I can't send a pic of the saw as I'm now out of town at work. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Will
If you bring up www.motoruf.com/n/en & follow the links right at the end of the IPL's section the 120S is listed.Don't get excited re spare parts though as being in Germany they will not ship out of Europe & their stocks of parts for older models i running down Parts for the older ones are reaching the "Rocking Horse Poo" category Quality & capable saws in their time but not widely advertised I have a Prof 55 & 65 & rate them.

I just tried that link and it isn't working.

Arrow it yours looks like mine it can only be one of two Alpinas
The 90 or the 120. They look identical. I don't have any paper
work for these.

work for these.
Try just typing in motoruf.com & when it displays click on the one with en after the name worked for me just tried it

work for these.
OK, thanks for getting back to me. I'm in the right ball park so I'll keep playing.

Try just typing in motoruf.com & when it displays click on the one with en after the name worked for me just tried it
OK, thanks Little Al. I just got the website to connect. I wouldn't last night for some unknown reason. Time to start searching.

Back