Already searched and didn't find it, will an 066 piston work in an 046 BB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i would have measured the 046BB piston but there isn't anything left to measure, lol. managed to not hurt the cylinder, so im gonna hone it and put a piston in it, this saw has hundreds-thousands of hours and just wouldn't stop, used for nothing but bucking up logs for the last several years. so i have no complaints that it went out.

ive got an 066 that i retired that has a new piston in it, im wanting to strip the saw anyway and didn't know if the piston would work in this 046 BB or not, height, skirt width, etc.

I dont think that the cyinders can be "honed" will probly where through the plating? Im sure someone will come along and correct me if Im wrong

From memory the 066 / 660 piston is 3.5 to 4 mm longer if I am correct. I think they are about 2 mm taller from the wrist pin to the piston crown.
You can machine a pop up if you wish to raise compression. Also the skirt on the intake side would need to be trimmed for the con rod.
With this piston at least you can port your exhaust opening more to origional factory specs and not have to worry about the piston free porting at TDC.
You will have to use your 066 wrist pin as from memory they are longer.
Hope this helps some

Latest posts

Back