Altec v8 wood chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affordabletree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an altec 6x16 chuck and duck with a ford v8 engine and was looking for a wiring diagram so I can rewire the chipper. The amount of connections is ridiculous. I am looking to have the ignition a push button and the on off a toggle. Any advice guidance or help would be great.

Adam

What does the distributor look like. If you have got two plugs coming out that are round you should have a square aluminum box and two plugs on it. The box is for duraspark ignition.

Or you may have points if so they are fairly easy to wire up. Basic start and stop is easy but the ignition would be the first thing to figure what you have to work with.

Scott

Easy. Just like your key ignition, you'll just separate two circuits. For the toggle, + from battery to the + lead on the coil, that will be your on/off switch. You can also run a wire to you hour meter, tach and other meters off of that.
For the starter button, + lead from battery to the + lead on the solenoid on the starter or the solenoid switch mounted on the cowling.
That's it, easy, sneazy.

Latest posts

Back