Alturna Mats

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
we just got our hands on a bucket truck and cant wait to drive it through back yards

what size Alturna mats should we get

3x8 or 4x8

is bigger better, or just heavier

what are your thoughts

thanks joe

they aren't heavy by themselves.

they sell a nice hook to move them around.i'd go for the larger size.i think they are cheaper by the bundle.

They had a special at the Hartford show.
12 (plus 2 for free, 14 total) 3x8 mats, connecting hooks, 2 handle hooks, and a steel carrying frame for around $2,100 and a $100 gift card.

3x8 was the suggested size for small tractors and dual wheel trucks.

we just got our hands on a bucket truck and cant wait to drive it through back yards

what size Alturna mats should we get

3x8 or 4x8

is bigger better, or just heavier

what are your thoughts

thanks joe

Ill sell you 2k worth of plywood that will do the same job..

Ill sell you 2k worth of plywood that will do the same job..

Exactly, I rented the mats a couple times, then after awhile I just figured Id buy some plywood cut handles into it, prime it & tuff coat it, works just as good however I am only driving a pickup & tow behind on it!!

Those mats are expensive, plywood will do the same, at first I thought using plywood was un professional looking, but for $4-$600 & a little time & paint it was well worth it!

LXT................

We use the 3x8 mats for all our trucks, including the 96,000lb crane.

I ike them over plywood because of the warranty they have against cracking, bending, or breaking.

Back