Aluminum 036 handle bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fields_mj

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I broke the plastic handle on my 036 several days ago. I did a few searches for an aftermarket replacment, and couldn't find any. Then finally this popped up on e-bay along with a knock off from China (literally, ships from China, I passed on that one).

Handle Bar for STIHL 036 034 MS340 MS360- aftermarket - eBay (item 150621380925 end time Jul-19-11 08:01:58 PDT)

Cost was $33 to my door (OEM was $52~$55 plus tax locally). The handle bar is aluminum, and looks to be filled with plastic, as apposed to the OEM which was all plastic. Since I originally couldn't find anything other than OEM at a dealer, I thought I would share this link. I don't know if this was a one time thing for these guys or if they normally have a few in stock, but I was grateful to find an aftermarket replacement that I think is better than the OEM for about half the cost (except for the shipping which was reasonable). Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks
Mark

Latest posts

Back